Published in Golf News · 7 November 2022
The 33-year-old Russell Henley won his first PGA event since 2017 by matching the tournament record of 23-under; he said: "I just tried to learn from my past and my mistakes."
When Scheffler birdied the 18th to complete a faultless 62, Henley's six-shot overnight advantage had shrunk to four, and it had shrunk to three when Henley made his first mistake of the week on the fifth.
The 33-year-old American recorded birdies on the following three holes and went on to win his first PGA Tour championship since the 2017 Houston Open.
Russell Henley’s winning WITB
• Driver: Titleist TSi3 (10 degrees) Shaft: Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.5 TX
• 3-wood: Titleist TS3 (16.5 degrees) Shaft: Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 TX
• Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 (21.0 degrees) Shaft: Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 100
• Irons: Titleist T100 (4-9) Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT (4-6), True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 (7-9)
• Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM8 (48-10F @47, 50-08F @51, 54-10S, @55, 58-08M @59) Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
• Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Timeless Long Neck tour prototype
• Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
• Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet
Book yout Titleist Fitting here.